Step-by-step instructions on how to make your own Neapolitan pizza at home.
An ingredient calculator scales the recipe up or down depending on how many pizzas you wish to make.
It is a two-day process to give the dough time to rise.
Prepare the dough
for 10 pizzas
- Fresh Yeast
- Flour (Type 00)
- Pour lukewarm water into a bowl.
- Crumble the yeast and use your fingers to stir it into the water until it dissolves completely.
- Using the same method, stir in the salt.
- Pour the flour into the bowl.
- Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Cut the dough into 10 equal pieces and roll each one into a ball.
- Cover and let it rest in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- Using type 00 flour will make the dough more elastic and it will raise better in the oven. However it is particulary rich in gluten.
- If you add the salt before the yeast is completely dissolved, it will cancel its raising properties.
- Make sure not to add too much yeast.